Creating community with ideas
Increasing our understanding and appreciation of our common human nature, our common human interests, and our common human experience improves our ability to move from us and them to we. Creating connections with one another and for one another is how we increase our understanding and appreciation of what we have in common, – as individuals, as enterprises, as cultures, and as communities of common interest and common enterprise.
- Our ideas are how we see, think, and feel about our world.
- Our ideas are what we come to learn from our experience of the world.
- Our ideas are shaped by our culture, our experience, and our media.
- Our ideas are what we think and what we think with.
- Our ideas shape how we experience our world and how we respond to our experience.
- Our language of ideas is how we choose what to do, how to live, and what we care about.
- Our language of ideas is how we communicate what we see, feel, and think about our experience.
- Our language, our ideas, and what we do and how we do things, is how we are known.
- Our language communicates our culture.
- Our language contributes to creating our culture.
- Our language contributes to creating our community.
- Our language contributes to creating the culture of our community.
- Our language is how we communicate our ideas.
- Our language of ideas is how we contribute to creating our world and to creating the experience of our world for others.
- Changing our language changes the way we see, think, and feel about our experience of life.
- Changing our language contributes to changing what we choose to do, and how we choose to do things, and what interests we choose to pursue.
- Creating a language of community contributes to creating a culture of community
Communicating with a language of ideas which contributes to creating community improves our ability to create connections with one another. Communicating with a language of community improves our ability to contribute to changing the way we see and do things and our ability to excite creative connections and creative community enterprise.
We communicate with what we say and do and how we say and do things. Creating a language of community means moving from a language of ideas that contributes to creating us and them to a language of ideas that contributes to creating we.
Creating a language of community contributes to our ability to create possibilities for our community, for the communities we are part of, and for our ability to create a place for everyone in our community to contribute to creating a better future for our community and our world.
What we can do
We can move from a language of ideas that contribute to creating us and them to a language of ideas that contribute to creating we. If we begin with the language of ideas which contribute to creating community, the behaviour and the culture will follow. These are some beginnings.
From management to leadership
From marketing to creating community
From education to learning systems
From business plan to creative story
From strategic planning to creative enterprise
From community engagement to community involvement
From community empowerment to community participation
From creating change to creating possibilities
From what we need to do to what we can do
From changing the world to creating a new world
From they to we
Moving from a language of us and them to a language of we.
The language of community